Wednesday 17 February 2021

"Could not perform submodule update" after jenkins git update

 

This is the error I'm getting after updating the git version on my jenkins server:


 > git.exe config --get submodule.module.url # timeout=10
hudson.plugins.git.GitException: Command "git.exe config --get submodule.my-module.url" returned status code 1:
...
Caused: java.io.IOException: Could not perform submodule update
...
Finished: FAILURE



My solution was opening the .gitmodules file (a hidden file, found in the repo root) and adding "'.git" to the end of the url.

e.g.:
[submodule "my-module"]
path = my-module
url = git@bitbucket.org:name/my-module.git

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Azure Trusted Signing Signtool Error SignTool Error: An unexpected internal error has occurred. Error information: "Error: SignerSign...